Monday, April 26, 2010

As Free As The Breeze






Today was a good day. I woke up this morning around 7:30am had a muffin for breakfast, got dressed and ready to go with Steph on yet another adventure. Today's adventure was that Steph and I took the Manly Scenic Walkway to the Spit Bridge which is about 10km (6miles) and took us about 3.5 hours to walk. This time did include stopping numerous times at different breath-taking scenic spots to take lots of pictures and also included a stop about halfway through for some ice cream :) It was an absolutely gorgeous day out for a nice long walk. It wasn't too hot with beautiful blue skies scattered with several puffy white clouds here and there. The Manly Scenic Walkway wraps around the Manly Cove and continues winding back and forth along the water and then dips in towards the land creating a really great experience. I had so much fun on this scenic walk spending time with one of my best friends and getting to see the Manly and Sydney area like I have never seen it before. Even after living here for the past 3 months this area that I currently call my home continues to astonish and amaze me. Its beauty is unbelievable and almost impossible to capture exactly what I see in a simple photograph but at least it will remind me of all the amazing memories I am making and give me a chance to share this experience with my family and friends at home. After our awesome long walk Steph and I caught the bus back to Manly and had lunch at the Creperie. It was a delicious meal and great company as we sat and recapped our morning adventure. After eating we walked around the corso for a little bit before heading back up to the castle. Overall it was a very enjoyable day and another great experience to add to the list. I have loved my time in Australia so far and cannot believe that I will be back home in just 11 days ...

No comments:

Post a Comment