Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened…



It is 8:30am on Thursday May 6th and it is officially my last day here. I cannot believe it, it really is surreal and definitely bittersweet. I am so excited to go home and see my family and friends but it is going to be so hard to leave behind some of the most amazing people and friends I have ever had. I have had one of the most amazing experiences of my life. I have traveled and seen so much and am so grateful for this opportunity I have had. ICMS has had its positives and negatives like most schools but overall it was awesome. More than anything the people here have made the experience what it is. The friends that have touched my life and my heart who I will keep in touch with for many years to come. And also to all of the people along the way who added to my experience, whether it was a fellow classmate, a soccer buddy, a neighbor, a teacher, a local, and more.

People and relationships is really what makes life awesome. It is the people who we meet and the opportunities we have to learn from them and share our own life lessons. I really am at a loss for words of the awesome experience I have had here and the people who have changed my life. I am doing my very best to appreciate everything about the end of my time here, and focusing on finishing my last exam has helped me stay distracted and keeps me from realizing how much I am going to miss being here. One of the only constants in our lives is change, and I am definitely about to experience that. I have loved it here and learned so much! I am excited to be home and share my experience with my loved ones. Overall, its been awesome and I could not have asked for more out of this study abroad experience that has changed my life!!!

I have my last exam in a couple hours, then I'll be getting ready for our dinner cruise going away party tonight. My bags are packed and with just about 24 hours left here, I am going to live it up and spend time with the amazing people I have met here! Thank you Australia for everything you have given me, it has been an amazing experience and I am so glad that we could share it together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment