Thursday, January 21, 2010

The time is now... well almost

After a restless night of sleep, I lay in bed this morning and realized that tonight would be the last night that I sleep in my comfy cozy bed with my baby blanket surrounded by reminders and memories of my childhood and life for the next four months. Its overwhelming and honestly just crazy that the time is pretty much here. Like a lot of big moments and events in your life it seems like you plan and organize, and worry and work, and then its here.

For example, I remember in high school when I had the interesting yet rewarding opportunity to help plan junior year prom. As Amy Wall's right hand man, we started in the fall visiting possible locations and then making phone calls and organizing every last detail. Some of the staff, teachers, and specifically our advisors did help us with some things but so much of it was our time and effort that it really felt like 'our baby.' And then prom rolls around and in just a couple hours all the work and anticipation built up is here and then gone.

Although my upcoming adventure to Australia can be relatable to my prom experience in some ways, I am very pleased to say that while the anticipation and work built up was comparable the trip will not be. Australia will not only be life changing and an experience of a lifetime lucky for me it will last more than just a couple of hours.

So as I sit here in my bedroom, realizing that my time left here at home is short, I am eagerly anticipating this next step in my life that is sure to be an adventure. I have lots to do today, with final packing, and organizing to finish up my time here in Elk Rapids but I think I will sleep soundly tonight in my comfy cozy bed at home.

Rusted Root- Send Me On My Way

"I would like to reach out my hand
I may see you, I may tell you to run
You know what they say about the young
Well pick me up with golden hands
Oh may see you, Oh may tell you to run
You know what they say about the young

Well I would like to hold my little, hand
How we will run We will. How we will crawl we will.
I would like to hold my little, hand.
How we will run we will. How we will crawl.

Send me on my way, on my way"

No comments:

Post a Comment