Friday, January 15, 2010

There's No Place Like Home . . .

And so here we are... the start of my blog that will be my opportunity to share with others my next four months that will be spent in Australia. I have to admit it all started back in 5th grade... I was in Mrs.Cole's class and had to write a research paper on a topic that I found interesting. I choose Australia. My little afro self with a big gap in between my front two teeth ;) researched to the best of my ability and got my first glimpse at Australia. I researched and learned the basic components of this vast land mass and now, some ten years later am leaving in just nine days to make it my new home for the next four months.

During the past two and a half amazing years that I have spent at Albion College, I have loved almost every minute of it. I have found amazing friends, made ridiculous and unforgettable memories, been a part of a team that is like my family, found sisters in delta gamma that accept me and embrace exactly who I am, and so much more. Loving my time at Albion has made the decision to study abroad at first a very hard one, but then I realized that it is because of all of the amazing people, memories, and experiences that I have had that has enriched my life and made me who I am today. I was compelled and inspired by not only Albion but also all of my friends and family to go ahead and pursue my fifth grade dream of studying abroad.

It is now, as my dearest travel companion Steph Beattie says "single digits away," that in just nine short days we will be in Chicago O'Hare airport waiting to board the airplane having no idea just how much we will learn, discover, and experience during the next four months...

"The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time." - Abraham Lincoln

No comments:

Post a Comment